Environmental Law & Litigation
As environmental laws have continued to expand, so have the liability risks for businesses and individuals. Our environmental attorneys are experienced, pragmatic, and efficient. We help you evaluate your needs and manage your risks, no matter what questions you may have.
- "I discovered an abandoned underground storage tank on my property. What do I need to know?"
- "Does my gas and oil rights lease void my insurance coverage or put my mortgage in default?"
- "How do I assess potential liability when acquiring contaminated property?"
- "I received a notice from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, but what does it mean to me?"
With a proactive approach focused upon each unique client, we work towards your goals to reach solutions to resolve environmental concerns, such as:
- Compliance with Federal and State environmental laws and regulations
- Regulatory agencies and enforcement defense actions
- Environmental permitting and zoning
- Consent orders with State and Federal agencies
- State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA)
- Brownfields redevelopment and tax credits
- Transactional due diligence for acquisitions and divestitures
- Contract terms to reduce potential environmental liability
Staunch advocates for our clients, we regularly appear in Federal and State trial and appellate courts, as well in administrative forums, on issues such as:
| || |
We also regularly serve as local counsel to provide direct, immediate support to remote counsel who may require assistance throughout the upstate region, including the Southern Tier, Western and Northern New York.