Our attorneys have successfully represented public and private sector clients in all aspects of tax-exempt and taxable public finance transactions on facilities as diverse as airports, colleges, solid waste disposal facilities, ethanol fuel facilities, manufacturing facilities and commercial office buildings, hotels and conference centers, highways and sewers. We have represented counties, towns, villages, school districts, fire districts, public authorities and various for-profit and not-for-profit private entities.
Our experience in general obligation and revenue bond financings, coupled with our experience in critical related areas such as tax, securities, corporate, and environmental and land use law enable us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients. Whether serving as Bond Counsel, special transaction counsel, or counsel to issuers, underwriters, trustees or letter of credit issuers, we are uniquely positioned to guide our clients through the complex requirements of public finance transactions. We are listed as nationally-recognized Bond Counsel in the “Red Book" which is limited to law firms whose qualifying opinions as to the tax-exempt status of bonds have been accepted by the marketplace.
Our services include:
- Bond Counsel, including the preparation of authorizing resolutions, structuring of financing transactions, working with bond insurers, preparation of closing documentation and issuance of approving opinion.
- Special transaction counsel, including representation of the issuer with respect to certain specialized areas of law such as special tax counsel, procurement counsel and environmental and land use counsel.
- Issuer's counsel, including the structuring of the underlying transaction, representation before authorizing boards, representation with bond rating agencies, conduct of public hearings, preparation of authorizing resolutions and due diligence documentation.
- Underwriter's counsel, including preparation of disclosure documents, working with rating agencies and state regulatory agencies and preparation of closing documents.
- Trustee's counsel, including the preparation and negotiation of the trust indenture.
- Letter of credit issuer's counsel, including the preparation of the commitment letter, reimbursement agreement and letter of credit, security documents and closing documentation.