Delaware Corporate Governance
Our attorneys provide advice on all aspects of corporate governance to our clients. For our public company clients, this includes compliance with the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the requirements of the NYSE and NASDAQ, as well as state corporate law requirements for officers and boards of directors and their committees. For private companies, this includes basic corporate formalities that must be followed within the company and among the directors. We also represent companies and individuals in litigation based on allegations of corporate governance failures.
The firm regularly works with clients in the boardroom and the courtroom on a broad range of governance issues, involving:
- Board and committee structure, composition and processes;
- Fiduciary duties;
- Developing board committee charters and corporate governance guidelines;
- Executive officer and director compensation;
- Defending directors and officers in securities litigation; and
- Conducting internal investigations.